Sunday, November 16, 2014

Working on This Weekend-8/5/2013

Better late than never I guess. I added all the pictures to this post a year ago and then never finished it.
Guadalupe Fail, 9x12, oil on canvas panel, unfinished.
I never finished this one, it just got too messy, but the colors were nice in some places. Might be worth trying to paint this scene again eventually.
Weaver's Needle, 5x7 oil on canvas panel, finished.
A little 3 hours painting from a photo my mom took in Arizona.
Rhino at SA Zoo, 5x7, pencil and charcoal on bristol paper, finished, sold.
A three hour drawing from a picture I took of the rhinoceros looking lazy at the San Antonio Zoo. I had a hard time figuring out the shadows on his face, until I started drawing the shadow and realized there were two horns and not just one.
Butterfly II, 5x7, oil on Claybord, unfinished. 
It was a really cold day at the Arboretum when I took this photo, and it was around freezing the night before too, so it was a nice surprise to see a butterfly. I had a hard time identifying it, turns out there are lots of orange butterflies in Texas. So I submitted a photo to the nice people at butterfliesandmoths.org  who identified it as a Danaus gilippus, or Queen butterfly.
Sophie, the best studio cat ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment