Monday, December 8, 2014

Toy I

Toy I, with the model.
I wanted to try some still lifes based on my favorite colors, Prussian Blue and Alizarin Crimson, with little toys and items from around the house. This is the first finished picture in that series, it features one of my favorite model horses that I've had since I was little.
This painting was done on canvas, but I wanted the bottom white part smooth, so I built it up with many layers of gesso and sanded it smooth. After that was smooth I poured on Prussian Blue mixed with Galkyd and let it form the drips.
Toy I, oil painting on canvas, 12x24inches, finished, 2013.
GIF of Toy I, showing some of the layers that went into the horse.
GIF of Toy I, showing the layers that went into the whole painting.
Toy I, with the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment